The analysis technology: APPVISORY® NUCLEUS Engine®
The APPVISORY® NUCLEUS Engine® delivers comprehensive, fully automated risk analyses for all public and company-internal apps of the leading mobile operating systems.
The combination of SAST (Static Application Security Testing) and DAST (Dynamic Application Security Testing) forms the basis for the state-of-the-art engine. These technologies are supplemented with innovative approaches for the smart detection of patterns and the integration of functions such as virus and malware detection.
NUCLEUS® App Scan
- Unlimited number of apps in their current versions
- Automatic check of all updates
- Real-time process for additional app queries
- Extensive list of checking criteria with more than 70 criteria per check
- Third-party libraries, including tracking, analytics, advertising, etc.
- Server connections
- Data access
- Detailed security configuration
- Checking of apps with infrastructure connection and foreign-language apps
- App scan memo as inspection report
NUCLEUS® Expert Analysis
- Semi-automated check by experienced App Security Analysts
- Extended plausibility checks including destination server, necessity of data transfers, anonymisation/pseudonymisation according to the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), inclusion of third-party providers, general recommendation for use in enterprises, etc.
- Check of all significant updates that make major changes to the app code
- Additional verification of the inspection results by an App Security Supervisor
- Supported mobile operating systems: iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry OS 10
- Under development: Windows 10 (Mobile, Desktop)
- Comprehensive expert analysis report